Tuesday, July 22, 2008

IVF Talk

Today we went for a talk wiht IVF Australia. I think i'm preparing myself for the worst-case scenario that we may need to resort to IVF.

I went to GP last Saturday to ask for referral to Gynae/Obs near Bankstown (friend's recommendation) so we'll prob need to do consulation and run some tests before determining if we need to go IVF.

Despite my temptation to start early with baby-project due to my 'older' age, I'm thinking what the best arrangement is with regards to work and private healh insurance. Should I start looking for a permanent job to take advantage of the maternity leave? Should I just finish my contract in January and not work to concentrate on IVF? I would need to time the IVF too so that the day surgery would fall after December so I could claim the cost from private health insurance.

Back to the donation topic, I found another sponsorship organisation (ChildFund) that help Indonesian kids and also help the commnity around the child. If all goes well, I might just visit her if I happen to go back Indonesia (oh, I forgot Indonesia is big, I hope she's not far from Jakarta). I discussed about charity organisation with my 'antepe' friends and one of them suggested MIKA in Indonesia. Guiltily, I admitted that I want this part of donation to be tax-deductible.

1 comment:

Wills said...

Good luck, hope you guys won't need IVF. It's not a pleasant experience at all. If you really need to go through it, the flexibility of doing it in between contracts will be good. The only downside is you won't have as much distractions and will be really obsessed about the results during the wait.

Do the banks offer paid maternity leave? If it's unpaid then is it really worth locking down yourself just for the option to come back to the same role? I mean you can always find new gigs if you decide to go back after a baby. Just my 2c.