Saturday, December 6, 2008

I'll walk with God

This morning I was glancing at my homepage of internet page, which is the Our Daily Bread page. So I read the article, skipping the bible reading (very bad of me) . Thee bible phrase was "Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him. —Genesis 5:24" and the story was about walking with God. I was reading it and humming a song I sang in choir "I'll walk with God". I miss choir!!

I look it up in the internet for the lyrics, and they are beautiful:

I'll walk with God

I'll walk with God from this day on.
His helping hand I'll lean upon.
This is my prayer, my humble plea,
May the Lord be ever with me.

There is no death, tho' eyes grow dim.
There is no fear when I'm near to Him.
I'll lean on Him forever
And He'll forsake me never.

He will not fail me
As long as my faith is strong,
Whatever road I may walk along.

I'll walk with God, I'll take His hand.
I'll talk with God, He'll understand.
I'll pray to Him, each day to Him
And He'll hear the words that I say.

His hand will guide my throne and rod
And I'll never walk alone
While I walk with God.

Not sure how to upload video from Youtube, if it's even possible but I found several videos by different singers for the song, the original one probably from Mario Lanza though I prefer Jon Christos' or Russell Watson only because it's less opera-like. I think I remember Pak Lin singing this song at one of our Eklesia gathering or when we were practising this song.

It's a good song to memorize (I have yet to), it will help me whenever I feel lost or down or sick. I think the song was sung at a funeral in the movie "Student Prince". Hubby, if you're reading this, I want to request this song at my funeral.

Again, I miss Eklesia :)

No comments: