Friday, May 21, 2010

4 more weeks to go

The reality hits home: I need to go through labour anytime in the next 4 weeks. Reading too much about it makes me nervous, but not reading enough would make me feel unprepared. I'm trying to balance reading the 'facts' with another book that encourages praying and letting God control the situation. Well, let's see if I would have a quiet calm birth that I wish for...

I'm going to start seeing my Obs weekly now and I think I should discuss with him my birth 'preference'. I would hope that he would appreciate my wish but I won't be surprised if he has other opinions. I asked him about 'water birth' and he seems to be against it, much to my surprise. I didn't read much about water birth so I couldn't really discuss in details about it. In the end, I just want a healthy baby out safely so I'm open to all the suggestions my Obs would give me on the labour day. My secret wish is actually to have a fast labour so my Obs won't have the time to suggest any interventions (episiotomy, c-section, forceps, etc).

Baby's doing well (I think), lots of movement and 2-3 hiccups a day now. I started to ignore food restrictions by drinking too much coffee and tea. I even had a ham & cheese croissant from the local bakery. On the other hand, I am taking extra supplements, Raspberry Leaf tablets, recommended by my midwife. I may try to get Evening Primrose as well one of these days. Oops, I almost forgot to take one today...

I bought lots of baby stuffs from Target and knowing I can return the goods if unused, I just grab every single baby items that I thought I might need. I just store them in the cupboard and will review it later when my mom is here. I need to start washing the hand-me-down baby clothes soon! But I keep tellling myself that it is not urgent. I think my MIL or mum will have time to wash all of them on the 'labour' day itself. We still need to buy baby cot and a car, which I hope to be ticked off the list sooner than later.

Looking forward to the next couple of weeks, with hubby's brother and his family coming staying with us, and my mum coming from Singapore...

No comments: