Sunday, February 3, 2008

Transaction Account

I have been doing some research here and there to decide which bank and account type we want to open in Australia. Currently I have one with INGDirect and Citibank but would probably need to open one for joint account with my husband.

So far, I think BankWest looks good, but I thinkn we'll decide there and then. I just realise that we can even open a bank account from Singapore, using Westpac. The bad thing is, the account has monthly fee attached.

That brings me to another issue, it seems most of the transaction accounts have monthly fees attached. In Singapore, it's zero if minimum balance is >$500. I would need to find a bank that has a good transaction account (low fee with free atm transaction, etc), a high-interest saving account and free-fee credit card.

A great website to do the comparison is http://www.infochoice.com.au/

So the search continues...

No comments: