Thursday, September 13, 2007

Things I won't miss

This month is the hungry ghost month in Singapore. And I dread the air pollution from the burning.

I know it sounds bad and a bit biased against another's belief or tradition, but I do find it disturbing. The air is polluted, the debris sometimes fly into my living room. Instead of enjoying the breeze, we have to close our window or else suffocated by the smell.

It's a small thing, really. I 'm just trying to make excuses to justify my move to Australia hehehe....

There was some earthquake here yesterday and even today. It was quite strong yesterday that I thought my head is spinning from eating too much Champagne Mooncake. It happened last night around 7pm. I was planning to stay later in the office, skipping dinner after eating so much mooncakes for tea-time (given by the traders, who got them from their brokers). But after feeling the vibration and with everybody's asking us to leave the building, I took the opportunity to leave early :P.... I was in a rush to leave that I left the 2 boxes of mooncake on the table behind me, open with no lids on. Could we still eat the mooncakes after leaving them overnight in the open? Oh well, I had another bite today and no stomach ache yet.

I felt it the earthquake again today during a meeting. My boss was talking halfway and I shouted "Earthquake!". The funny thing is, nobody at home felt the earthquake last night! Either they are not sensitive or my house is shock-proof (naaah....)

Being in a small country, I feel a bit insecure. What if there's a strong earthquake that caused a tsunami and drown the whole island? Hmmm... I think I read somewhere that Singapore is sheltered from open seas so chances of tsunamis are quite slim.

No comments: