Saturday, September 8, 2007

Things I'd miss

My PIL, my hubby and I just came back from Shape Run (www.shape.com.sg) today. My MIL and I took part in the 5-km all-women run while my hubby and FIL were supporting us by carrying our stuff and taking picture of us before and after the run. Two of my friends joined to run with us; it was fun, although I did more walking than running. The weather is good too, cloudy but bright (read: not so hot)

After the run, we queued for goody bags (the best part!) and boy, it was fun. With the 6000-crowd (plus husbands+kids), it was a challenge to find a place to have breakfast but we managed to find a quieter place, a Hongkong cafe.

I like to do this kind of mass-run, although I hate running and I do not train at all. It was fun to observe people of different age groups, sizes, styles, running pattern all on the road walking, jogging or running. My MIL found her timing is better for this run compared to the 2 previous run we did. Personally, I do not like to run on the highway or CBD, preferring the greener East Coast side as it is more shady and breezy.

So, I managed to persuade my friend to join us for the next run on following Sunday, Run-for-Hope (www.runforhopesingapore.org) in Sentosa. I did this run a couple of years with my colleagues and we had fun on the beach after the run. I'm thinking of bringing beers to drink after the run, but not sure how to carry them while running hehehe... My husband said it is not appropriate to drink beer at charity-run. Hmm.....

I told my MIL that she could ask her sisters to join Shape run next year but I just realized that we may not be here next year. It dawned upon me that this year is the last year I'm going for all these runs. I'm having fun collecting all the t-shirts from the run hahahaha....

Now that it is nearing the Mid-Autumn Festival, marked by the sale of mooncakes everywhere. I'll be going down to the company's cafetaria next week to try all the mooncakes on sale there. My auntie asked me to buy 2 boxes of those mini snow-skin mooncakes in exotic filings (Snow-Skin Rum & Raisin Chocolate Truffle Mooncake, Mini Snow-Skin Baileys Chocolate Mooncake and Mini Snow-Skin Champagne Truffle & Chocolate Ganache Mooncake) from Raffles the Plaza (http://singapore-plaza.raffles.com/z882/restaurant_promos.html), which i'm getting 25% discount from my company. I heard Raffles Hotel ones are good too (expensive,though) so I asked my friend to buy me 2 boxes from there and I'll do a snow-skin mooncake review :)

So I just realized that I'd not do these 2 events next year... running events (I signed up for 6 events this year) and mooncakes.

2 comments:

Wills said...

There are plenty of running events in Australia and plenty of Asian shops selling mooncakes too, not as many varieties as there ones sold there though.

Viv said...

ya, looking forward to explore other activities to do there. Trying to get in shape (by exercising) but also want to explore the food there. Calories-out and calories-in :)