Saturday, April 11, 2009

Cooking - my first

We are relaxing the last few days and I decided to learn to cook 2 dishes from a Detox cooking guide I bought last week. So we went to Woolies and tried to figure out how to find the ingredients. We didn't know that 'green onion' is shallots until we ask help from Woolies staff. Bruno checked each of the vegetables that I picked and he put them back mostly and chose another bundle/pack that he thought was of better shape/colour etc etc. I have to admit that I have a habit of picking up the first pack in front of me.

I got straight to cutting all the vegetables once we reached home. Bruno showed me how to do some of them, though I doubt he has done any cooking himself hhehee... Internet was quite useful too, I looked up on how to clean mushroom.

Making the soup was quite easy, but cooking the stir-fry was a bit challenging. First of all, I'm not comfortable with frying and the pan was too small for amount of vegetables I put. Again, I asked Bruno to show me how to stir and I just continued from there.

As a safety net, we bought roasted half-chicken but in the end all of the dishes was too much for 2 persons so we had to throw a bit of the stir-fry. My lovely hubby helped me cleaned up afterwards :) while I watched TV. Sigh, how am I going to live without him?

My hands felt a bit wierd, a bit over-used hehee.... And my stomach felt wierd, I hope I cleaned the mushrooms properly!

No comments: