Monday, April 27, 2009

Swimming session

I have not been having good night's sleeps, partly because of the sun shining right through the corner of the glass window that's not covered by the blinds. The other reason, I suspect, could be due to the lack of exercise and the weights I have been putting for the last 5 years (to be exact, since I dated Bruno).

We have been planning to go for early morning walk but with the cool weather now, it just makes it harder to wake up in the morning from our warm bed and brace the cold air. In the first place, I don't enjoy walking or jogging. So I decided to try swimming today.

My very kind husband was willing to give up his TV time and ignore his hunger to send me to Olympic Aquatic Centre (just 3 mins from our place). We used Entertainment Book voucher for our entry so we only pay $6.60 for 2 (1 person free). Both of us planned to swim initially but my hubby was probably too intimidated by the crowd there he decided to sit around this time.

The centre was nice, better than what I expected. It looked grand, probably because of the high ceiling. There is a pool for everybody, for serious swimmers, for leisure swimmers (me!), for the big kids, for the small kids and for learners. There was an aqua aerobics class going on when we were there. Man, the moves they did were quite tough, I don't mind joining the classes. The whole area reminds me of 'Ancol', sigh.... especially seeing little kids playing around the water playground.

Now, I just need to get me and hubby to learn how to swim :) I could only swim breaststroke and want to learn freestyle. Maybe I will try to call tomorrow to check if they could accomodate us for the adult swimming classes (the term start tomorrow). Can't wait to go back to the pool!

No comments: