Sunday, April 19, 2009

Long week

After 5 days of off days (Good Friday til Tuesday), I went straight to long hours in office. Apparently we have quarterly financial schedules to complete by Friday. Most of the stuff are related to my product but everybody is helping all they can. So I stayed til 10pm on Wed, 10.30 on Thurs and an early one at 8.30pm on Friday.

I was supposed to meet a group of ex-colleagues (from Westpac) that Friday for dinner at 6pm. I got there around 9pm where everybody had finished their dinner. So I ordered Dragon Roll and boy, they were good. Even though I managed to chat with them for an hour only, it was fun and full of laughter, updating myself with the latest news from my old team. I'd take Bruno to eat there again, since we keep going back to MISO restaurant (at World Square) all the time for Japanese. This "NAZIMI" restaurant (opposite QVB) is another option now as my friends and I found the food to be very good.

Today, Bruno, Jason and I went to Newtown for lunch and we decided to try this simple Thai restaurant called Thai La-Ong. There were many Thai food along King Street in Newtown and we didn't know which one is good. We decide on Thai La-Ong only because it opened another one almost next to it, called Thai La-Ong 2 (duh!), so it must be good, right? Well, the lunch special is cheap at $6, so we ordered 4 of them plus fishcake. Not bad, I don't mind going back there again. Next time we go Newtown, we'd try another restaurant that had opened a 2nd shop too, Newtown Thai xxx (can't remember the full name). We found another restaurant that sells Sri Lankan, Malaysian, Indochinese food called Kammadhenu that boast 50 types of dosai. Our first thought is "Dad is gonna be a happy man here". So we may reserve this place for his birthday next month.

No comments: