Saturday, May 24, 2008

Contract Job, Nokia, Wii Fit, Botoli

After one and a half months of going for interviews and rejections, I finally got a job (thank you, God). It's a contract job, a slightly different role involving more accounting work. This would be a good chance for me to learn about accounting. Thanks to Mandy who put some good words (again) for me, it really helped.

So off I went shopping a day before I was supposed to start work, we went to DFO. After my 1st day at work, I realised that the clothes that I bought might be too 'colourful' for the office. People there generally wear darker clothes (maybe because it's winter?) and I have 2 red blouses and 1 black blouse with some shiny diamond-like around the waist. I guess I need to shop some more today.

On the same day, we went to Centro Bankstown to walk around and I got a post-paid phone contract at $29cap and chose N73 as the free phone. Finally I could return the borrowed phone back to my friend's brother, he must have wondered if he'd ever get his phone back hehehe...
But as I still have $62 credit in my pre-paid phone, I am still using the old phone to utilize all the credits before moving to the new number. What was shocking was that apparently I had a bad credit history with 3 as they claimed I didn't pay my last bill. I was trying hard to remember whom I give my 2 sim cards to (Vodafone and 3) before I left Sydney 5 years ago. I would probably need to pay the amount to clear my name but they didn't give any supporting for the amount they quoted me. I'd need to call 3 again one of these days.

On Thursday, I insisted to buy Wii, much to my hubby's frustration, at KMart. My hubby tried to convince me that there's a cheaper one at Toys 'r Us so we went to Paramatta to check it out. And yes, it was cheaper (thanks, hubby) and now we're having fun with Wii console + sports + fit. The only problem is that hubby doesn't get the chance to watch TV much that he's thinking of getting another TV in the living room just for Wii. Surely that is not necessary? But I could see a problem once my PIL are here coz they watch a lot of TV. Oh well, we'll see....

One of my friends who lived within the area invited us for dinner. His wife is from Malaysia and so is my hubby, and I think we're the only 2 in the group who married Malaysians. Anyway, we jokingly noted how the Malaysians are hardworking, both of them (hubby and my friend's wife) cook, clean and manage the house very well. Now, how about their Indonesian spouses? My friend claimed that it's OK with him as he's the husband... hmm, I have nothing to say.

The following day, they brought us to their favourite restaurant in Burwood. The name of the place is Botoli and we have to remember the place as the food was nice (steamed fish, long bean with minced meat sauce, grilled chicken with lime, toufu with tang-fun). Too bad we didn't take any pictures at all. They also recommended an Indonesian food in Maroubra "Mie Kocok" and to order 'Panorama' noodles. Ok, another place to try.

On that night, hubby and I were supposed to join Martha and friends to have dinner at Ratu Sari in Kingsford as I have 25% discount from Entertainment Book. Too bad it was cancelled as Martha and David had a church gathering.

In June, we're joining Jason to go for Good Food and Wine exhibition in Darling Harbour. Not sure what it is all about but as long as it is about Food, we're sold. There is an extra charge if we want to watch Gordon Ramsay but I can't even cook so not interested. But, I think Mom (I call my MIL "Mom" and my mother "Mama") might be interested if she is here around the period. Maybe I should tell her about it to entice her to come here sooner, though I don't think she needs anymore encouragement actually.

1 comment:

Wills said...

Good to see you guys have a nice social circle there already in such a short time. I can say from first hand experience that most Indonesian husbands are lazy when it comes to houseworks! :P

And congrats on the contract job!