Sunday, May 4, 2008

We're in Sydney :)

We're finally here! We still have not got an internet connection but a friend lend us this Mobile Internet to use (Thanks, Martha)

It's been a few weeks since we got here and so far we managed to get a fully-furnished apartment to live in and a used car to roam about. Now we only need to look for a job.

Looking for a job is not as easy as we thought it would be. I have been to a few interviews but mostly rejected. My husband has not got an interview yet. But we're not worried too much about it and enjoying every single day which we spend mostly by going shopping hehehe...

As for me, I am considering studying for my CFA exams. I am a bit sceptical whether I would pass this one as 1 month is not enough time to study the material and to practise on the exams questions. Since I have already paid for it, I might as well sit for the exams right? (shouldn't I be studying right now, rather than typing this blog? hehe..)

I am still getting used to the fact the sun comes up very early in the morning. It's so bright that I wake up naturally at 7.30. My husband doesn't seem to be affected and sleep peacefully. Most of my friends sleep at 10pm, even my 'old' Singaporean friends too. So I guess we should sleep earlier and wake up early too.

I am beginning to hate the sun too. I find it hot and burning my face. I need to bring a towel in the car and cover my face when the sun shines on me. I remember that I got my first freckles and moles right after I came back from Sydney the 1st time round, so I suspect I'd get a few more freckles now.... aaargh..... SPF30 would help but the ray is a bit painful on the skin.

Oh well, I should be hitting the books soon. Keep falling asleep when studying though. I'm planning to get a radio and a mirror in the study room, hopefully it would help to reduce the sleepiness. (Mirror helps as I tend to be less sleepy when scrutinising my freckles, dark circle, etc)

Personally I enjoy this period of not working and being domesticated (cleaning, washing, attempt to cook). I pray that my husband would get a job which pays enough that I could stay at home. Oh, we will try to 'seriously' make babies now hehe... that includes consultation with doctors. I suspect it won't be an easy ride to having babies, so need to prepare myself for the worst (IVF, cos I hate needles).

No comments: