Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mouth Ulcers

Ever since I was young, I seemed to be prone to have mouth ulcers. My mum used to give me this bottle of green powder. I find them irritating but didn't really give much thought about it.

I could have as many as 5 ulcers at one time, they could be on my toungue, gum or lips. My ex-colleagues could always guess whenever I have ulcers coz it affected my speech.

I have asked doctors about it but none give me a real cure. I read about it and of all the reasons that could've caused ulcers, I narrowed it down to 3 possible reasons : stress, deficiency of vitamins (iron, B12), food allergies.

It could be due to stress as I remembered that I didn't have any ulcers on the months I was not working (in between jobs). But I didn't feel stressed, I don't think my job was stresfull, unless one could feel stressed without realising it. Having said that, ever since I arrived in Sydney, I got another 3 ulcers.

It could be due to lack of iron. I read somewhere that drinking tea will wash away iron in our body and I drink a lot of tea in a day. My husband thinks I drink too much tea too and asked me to reduce my tea intake. Perhaps I would give it a try to see if the ulcers would go away if I don't drink tea at all. It's also good as my dentist and a few people noted that my teeth is yellowish due to coffee and tea stains.

As for food allergies, I would need to ask for an allergy test with a doctor and I'm too lazy to visit doctors.

My dear friend, Martha, is going to give me Chinese medicine to try and it had cured her hubby's ulcer problem too. It hope it would be a one-time cure without having to continue taking it for too long.

No comments: