Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Putting on weight, Internet

As feared, I put on 1 kg since I arrived in Sydney a month ago. Not surprised considering we keep eating out, ordering too much, cooking too much and experimenting with all the new foods we find in supermarkets.

This morning, I managed to start walking and jogging with hubby in the park nearby and hopefully we could keep it up. I realised that the sun is out earlier here so by 7am, it's quite bright. So I think we could change our sleeping time, sleep earlier and wake up earlier.

On the employment part, I didn't get the role I was hoping for. A bit disappointed but now I'm really hoping my husband will get a job first. I'm beginning to enjoy this 'housewife' role and don't mind doing it full-time :) I've been hoping to get pregnant soon so i'd have a strong reason, or excuse, to stay at home. Having said that, the prospect of earning more money is too tempting, especially if we want to buy a house in the future.

On the positive side, we'd finally get our own internet connection, using TPG. According to my husband, it's still the cheapest so far and some of our friends are already using it. We couldn't get ADSL2+ for our place so settle for ADSL1, but it's definitely better that the mobile internet from 3 that we borrowed from Martha (thanks, Martha). I guess it's about time we returned it to her, in case she needs it.

No comments: