Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Counting down

I think my hubby is geting more and more excited with our 'Australian' project. He seems to be less interested with his 'marine fish' hobby hehehe....I think he's not doing much to his fish tank coz he will need to sell it in less than 1 year's time. Bye-bye Nemo, bye-bye Dory.....

So even though it is still a year away from our planned migration, we both are doing research about jobs and houses. We both subscribed to Seek.COM to gauge the market rate for our jobs. My hubby is much more excited and confident about getting a good job there. I'm less excited coz I hate going for interviews. Hopefully, my ex-colleagues over there could give me a shoo-in hehehe....

On housing, my hubby checks houses/flats for rent and I went to check houses for sale. We both have different opinion on how much to pay for rental. For me, I prefer to pay less for rental even though the place is crappy, since we'll only be there for a short time (1-2yrs). My husband doesn't mind paying $400pw as long as he is comfortable with the place. So what's the solution? Hmm.. I suggested that we start looking from the cheaper range to see if we can find a steal and move up to the upper range if we can't find any.

But my husband's newest hobby is definitely CARS. He is browsing to find the range of cars he could afford to buy over there. His plan is to buy a second hand car first and let me abuse the car as I use it to learn how to drive. He's dreaming of owning a few cars, one for himself, one for me and one for the family.... Well, I'll let him dream on :)

Still, all those things doesn't make time goes by quicker. So I decided to do less research (i run out of things to google abt Australia) and focus on reading up to prepare for 2 exams. I'm still waiting for the results of level 2 CFA coming out end of Aug. If I pass, I will take level3 June next year. I'm still thinking whether to leave for Sydney earlier and study for the exams in Sydney or staying in Singapore until the exams' over. My husband suggested the latter and it sounds like a better idea.
So what shall i do now? I just ordered study guide for FRM for the Nov exams. I've not registered for the exams yet and I'm sceptical about being able to pass it. I'll decide on it after browsing the study guides, which hopefully will arrive by end of next week.

If in the last few months I was wishing time will fly quicker to next year, now I'm wishing that time will go slower as I need time to study for the exams in Nov.

No comments: