Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Friends and Colleagues

My husband asked if we are going to stay at one of my friend's house when we visit Sydney and when we finally moved there.

I have a few friends there, but whom should I choose? In the end, I decided that it would be more appropriate and more comfortable if I ask one of my girlfriends, rather than any of my guy-pals. So I sms-ed my girlfriend over in Sydney to tell her that I may be going over there next year. She's so excited about it (I think she's more excited than me) and she even called me after work to ask about the details (how sweet...). We talked about many things (time, place, job, baby, car, house rental, etc) and she eventually asked where I would stay when I go over there. I have to be a bit thick-skinned and ask her if I could stay over there and she said alright.

If I looked back, I feel a little embarrased of asking anybody if I could stay over at their place. What if she said 'No'? It would be awkard then.
What if she said 'Yes' and regretted it later?
What if she said 'Yes' reluctantly?
(Hehehe... I'm over-sensitive, I guess. )

When I told my husband the good news that we could stay at my friend's house, he said "Good. I wish I have good friends like your friends over there". Yeah, I have a few friends who would probably be willing to help, like they did when I went to Sydney the 1st round. It's just that I am not good in asking big favours from close friends.

But, yeah... I'm grateful to God for good, supporting friends He's given me. And now we have one less thing to worry, the short-term accomodation for 1st entry and first few weeks after migrating.

On another occassion, I saw my ex-colleague from my ex-bank came for interview! We chatted over the phone after her interview. After some gossips and updates about the people in my ex-company, she mentioned that my senior there is going to move to Sydney office. That's great! Including him, there are 3 colleagues from my ex-bank in the Sydney office. My girlfriend told me that it is easier to get a job in Sydney if you know somebody in the company. Let's hope she's right.

No comments: