Saturday, August 11, 2007

Plan to migrate to Australia

My husband and I have decided to migrate to Australia.

Currently, we're in Singapore and we're still waiting for our Australian PR.

In the meantime, we're using our time to find out more information about Australia, especially Sydney, where we intend to move.

It's quite fun doing the research, although there is a lot of uncertainties and fear about going to another country and continent. It's probably more significant than the experience of coming to Singapore from Jakarta 15 yrs ago.

The waiting seems so long.... so I'm trying to distract myself by focusing on taking exams (CFA and FRM).

I found another blog on another Indonesian who's migrated to Melbourne (see below for link) that compares living in Melbourne and Singapore. I agree with most of what he said. The rest of his blog is quite a good read too :)
http://willwen.blogspot.com/2007/05/australia-vs-singapore.html

2 comments:

Wills said...

I hope your research includes actually visiting Australia to see first hand what the place/people/culture is like and whether you and your husband will like it. An actual visit can remove/reduce many of the fears and uncertainties if you really like what you see or prevent a wrong move if you don't like it.

Viv said...

Thanks for dropping by, Wills :)
Actually, I worked in Sydney before and didn't like it.
My husband studied in Brisbane and he likes Australia. So I'm giving it a second chance now.