Friday, August 17, 2007

New things to occupy my time

I found an interesting website and forum relevant for my 'research'. It's a government-related webiste http://www.overseassingaporean.sg/ and I went to read the forums for Australia http://www.overseassingaporean.sg/forums/index.php?showforum=85.

From reading the forum, I realised how 'Singaporean' I am. I always thought that I'm foremost an Indonesian and I mix mostly with my Indonesian friends. But after reading the forum, I realised that topics and conversations about Singapore are probably more relevant to my situations, compared to things Indonesian. I could relate to HDB purchase, CPF, long working hours, etc. Suddenly I don't feel so lonely anymore.

I wonder if I hadknown of this circle of singapore friends in Sydney when i was there, instead of just Indonesian friends, would I feel more comfortable there? Maybe. Well, for now I will start reading the forum and later, participate in their discussion and chit-chat .

Also, I have another thing to keep me occupied, my textbooks have arrived!! Yeah.. But quickly, the 1st book was borrowed by my trader who's sitting for the same exams. Oh well, I still have 2 other books to read and I gotta finish them by end of Sep. Yippee! Though I'm going to be poorer by abt $1.5K from the exams fees and the cost of book. But I told myself, it is still cheaper than taking a part-time degree course.

Taking about poorer, I changed some of our savings to AUD last 2 weeks when the rate was 1.293x and I thought I got a steal since it came down from 1.33. But guess what, it's now 1.20!!! Sigh... Well, just need to save up and hopefully it stays low in the next few months. I should've known that Yen unwind would have come later.

No comments: